Re: [AMBER] Ligand and receptor separated when setting iwrap=1

From: Liu Denis <cndenis.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 14:55:32 +0800

Dear Brian:
       Thank you. I have read AmberTool 11 manual, and tried the method
from
http://archive.ambermd.org/200910/0459.html

> center :1-371 mass origin
> image origin center bymask familiar
> center :1-372 mass origin
> image origin center bymask familiar
> Where I am simulating a protein with ligand, and residues 1-371 belong to
> the receptor and the last residue, 372, is the ligand. Adjust accordingly
> for your system. This script has, in the past, properly recentered and
> imaged my trajectories.

I changed the residue number to my residue number and generated a new
trajectory,
but the ligand still jump outside the receptor occasionally.

In another mail, Tom suggested using a modified prmtop in ptraj to put the
complex back,
but he did not provide detail information in mail list. How to do it?
http://archive.ambermd.org/200808/0315.html

> So, I think you can continue with your PMEMD wrapping (i.e. restart from
> the b4 restrt and continue running turning on IWRAP=1) and then later use
> ptraj to put the complex back together again. [e-mail me offline if you
> want to have the prmtop modified so that the protein will never
> "dissociate" to periodic images...]

Best

                    Denis