Re: [AMBER] PDB trajectory format

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:43:20 -0400

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Dmitry Osolodkin <divanych.rambler.ru> wrote:
> Warning: structure_initial_copy_fix.pdb: Atom 17081 name [HD22] does not
> match parm name [HD23]
>
> The reason is obvious, but is this issue crucial for the LCPO algorithm?

The LCPO algorithm only makes use of non-hydrogen atoms, so as long as
your issues are only with hydrogens everything should be OK. The
important thing is that the heavy atom ordering is the same so that
the coordinates in the input PDB line up with what the topology file
expects. For example, if in your topology your first residue is
ordered like this:

N H1 H2 H3 CA HA CB HB2 HB3 OG HG C O

and in your PDB file it is ordered like this, with the order of the
hydrogen atoms reversed:

H3
H2
H1
CA
HA
CB
HB3
HB2
OG
HG

this is OK for LCPO, because the order of the heavy atoms still matches.

> Is there a way to change atom order in prmtop? (Because it seems that
> conversion of PDB is much less straightforward.)

The atom order in the prmtop is based on whatever residue templates
are read in by leap from force field data, and you probably don't want
to go modifying that. If your heavy atoms are out of order you could
potentially try using the 'atommap' command in cpptraj to reorder the
PDB so that its atom order matches the amber parm, although I'm not
sure how well that will work since atommap was really only intended
for use with smaller ligands (<100 atoms); I haven't really tested it
on protein-like structures. Here is some example input that reorders a
PDB file (xtallig.pdb) so that it matches an Amber Topology/restart
(start.parm7/start.rst7):

parm xtallig.pdb
reference xtallig.pdb
parm start.parm7
reference start.rst7 parmindex 1
atommap xtallig.pdb start.rst7 mapout atommap.dat
trajin xtallig.pdb
trajout reordered.xtallig.pdb pdb

Hope this helps,

-Dan