Re: [AMBER] How to get the information of hydrophobic contact?

From: g t <sketchfoot.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 17:39:44 +0000

hi,

in order to get detailed info from amber contacts might the following
command work for you?
contacts first out Contacts_proteinALL.out distance 5.0 ":ALA, :CYS,:PHE,
:ETC"

This should give you contacts inbetween all the hydrophobic residues
listed. the number includes intra & intermolecular contacts. if you wish to
subtract intra molecular contacts, you will have to run the command again
with every individual residue from the above mask and subtract from total
given in the example above.

e.g.
contacts first out Contacts_proteinALL.out distance 5.0 ":94"

hope this makes sense.

best regards,
gt