[AMBER] Energy and Coordinate Outputs

From: David Minh <daveminh.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 16:47:53 -0500

Hello all,

As a test, I ran a short trajectory with sander and then used sander to reprocess the same trajectory to try to get the same energies. The prmtop and inpcrd files were the same. It was disturbing to see that the energies were different.

The closest thing I found to this topic was, http://archive.ambermd.org/201110/0492.html

In any case, is there a way to ensure that energies in the mdout file are consistent with the energies of the coordinates in the mdcrd file?

I want to do importance sampling and it is crucial to get the correct potential energies!

Thanks!
David Minh

Brief equilibration for energy test
&cntrl
  imin=0, ! no minimization
  ntx=1, ! read formatted crd file with no velocity information
  nscm=1000, ! remove center-of-mass coordinates
  ntb=0, ! no periodicity and no PME
  dt=0.002, ! 2 fs time step
  ntc=2, ! SHAKE
  ntf=2, ! omit interactions with H-atoms
  cut=1000.0, ! no cutoff (>999.0)
  ntt=3, ! Langevin thermostat
  ig=50, ! use same random number seed
  gamma_ln = 1.0, ! collision frequency in ps^{-1}
  temp0=300.0, ! 300 K
  igb=5, ! Updated OBC implicit solvent
  saltcon=0.025, ! 25 mM salt
  nstlim=5000, ! 10 ps of simulation
  ntwx=50, ! Write mdcrd every 0.1 ps
  ntpr=50, ! Write energy information every 0.1 ps
  ioutfm=1, ! Binary NetCDF output
/

Calculate GB energies
&cntrl
  imin=5, maxcyc=1, ncyc=0, ! read trajectory in for analysis
  ntx=1, ! input is read formatted with no velocities
  ntb=0, ! no periodicity and no PME
  idecomp=0, ! no decomposition
  ntc=2, ! SHAKE
  ntf=2, ! omit interactions with H-atoms
  cut=1000.0, ! no cutoff (>999.0)
  nsnb=99999, ! don't update non-bonded list
  temp0=300.0, ! 300 K
  igb=5, ! Updated OBC implicit solvent
  saltcon=0.025, ! 25 mM salt
  ntwe=1, ! Write extensive energy information every step