Re: [AMBER] Base stacking

From: amirhossein taghavi <amirhosseintaghavi786.hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 15:33:51 +0000

Hi,

I somehow agree with Ilyas can someone give a definition for base stacking ... as I have done some QM studies on base stability, papers mostly agree that the stabilization of base stacking
involves London dispersion forces and interactions
between partial charges within the adjacent rings but as these interactions are not characterized and parameterized instead the geometrical approach by prof Prevost (J. Mol. Graphics, 14:6-11, 1996) is usually used.
prof Hobza have done a through qm calculation on base stacking that might be so helpful to look at (J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2002, 124 (39), pp 11802–11808).
I do not believe that merely geometrical approaches could be defined as base stacking!!

Regards