Re: [AMBER] Base stacking

From: francesco oteri <francesco.oteri.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 20:00:49 +0100

Hi Amir,
I solved the problem in http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jp203999x where I
calculated stacking features.

Basically, is have written a gromacs program that calculates for each
base-plane the geometric center and the normal to the plane.

The software analyzes your nucleic acid frame by frame and detects a
stacking if the geometric center between any base pair is smaller than a
cut-off (default 5Angstrom)
and if the angle between the two planes is between 0 and 30 (this value can
be also changed).
If the requirements fit your needs, I can send you the source code.

Francesco

Il giorno 08 marzo 2012 19:39, Ilyas Yildirim
<i-yildirim.northwestern.edu>ha scritto:

> You cannot find such a number because how will you define a
> "base-stacking"? You better calculate the overlap areas of the bases with
> respect to time using X3DNA. Overlap areas of the bases will tell you how
> stacking is (strong or weak).
>
> Ilyas Yildirim, Ph.D.
> = Department of Chemistry - 2145 Sheridan Road =
> = Northwestern University - Evanston, IL 60208 =
> = Ryan Hall #4035 (Nano Building) - Ph.: (847)467-4986 =
> = http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~yildirim/ =
>
> On Thu, 8 Mar 2012, amir abbasi wrote:
>

> > I meant number of base-stackings trough trajectory.
> > In the other words how many base-stacking do I have?
> >
> >> From: amirhosseintaghavi786.hotmail.com
> >> To: amber.ambermd.org
> >> Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 17:18:27 +0000
> >> Subject: Re: [AMBER] Base stacking
> >>

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> would you please be more precise..what do you mean by base stacking
> number??

Cordiali saluti, Dr.Oteri Francesco