Re: [AMBER] AM1

From: Brian Radak <radak004.umn.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 10:33:33 -0500

Hi Jacopo,

The AM1/d-PhoT parameters from Nam, et al. and magnesium parameters from
Imhof, et al. are available as the defaults for "AM1D" in SQM and AMBER
QM/MM. However, this is in the *development* version of AMBER11; I am not
sure if they are in the version you have. My initial impression is that
use of the d-orbital code has not made its way outside of the
York/Walker/Case circle of users. These changes will almost definitely be
released "soon" as part of AMBER12. I'm not a direct part of this
development project so this promise is somewhat empty, perhaps Taisung will
read this and give an official answer.

Regards,
Brian

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 6:17 AM, Jacopo Sgrignani <sgrigna.sissa.it> wrote:

> Dear all
> I'm working with a magnesium containing enzyme and I would like to try
> QM/MM MD with a semiempirical method.
> I found two paper about an AM1 parameterization that seems good for my
> system.
>
> Kwangho Nam,Qiang Cui,Jiali Gao,and Darrin M. York. Specific Reaction
> Parametrization of the AM1/d Hamiltonian for Phosphoryl Transfer
> Reactions: H, O, and P Atoms. J. Chem. Theory Comput., 2007, 3 (2),
> pp 486–504
> and
> Imhof, P.; Noé, F.; Fischer, S.; Smith, J. C. J. Chem. Theory Comput.
> 2006, 2, 1050– 1056
>
> Actually, these parameters have been successfully used by the York
> Group also in a recent work, J. Chem. Theory Comput., 2011, 7 (1), pp
> 1–3.
>
> How can I use this parameter in amber? Is it the possibility to add
> this parameters?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Jacopo
>
> --
> Jacopo Sgrignani PhD
> CNR-IOM-Democritos National Simulation Center
> c/o International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA/ISAS)
> via Bonomea 265,
> 34136
> Trieste
> Italy
> email: sgrigna.sissa.it

================================ Current Address =======================
 Brian Radak                                             :     BioMaPS
Institute for Quantitative Biology
 PhD candidate - York Research Group       :     Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey
 University of Minnesota - Twin Cities         :     Center for Integrative
Proteomics Room 308
 Graduate Program in Chemical Physics     :     174 Frelinghuysen Road,
 Department of Chemistry                          :     Piscataway, NJ
08854-8066
 radak004.umn.edu                                 :
radakb.biomaps.rutgers.edu