Re: [AMBER] ATP minimization

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 10:17:28 +0100

Dear Sangita Kachhap,

- From our tests, you do not need any frcmod file as the script3.ff is
loaded by the script1.ff
See: http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-90/script3.ff
       http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-90/script1.ff

You can obviously add on the top of Amber99SB and script3.ff your own
set of force field parameters:
# load Amber 99
parm99 = loadamberparams parm99.dat
# load Amber99SB
frcmod99SB = loadamberparams frcmod.ff99SB
# load the script3.ff
FRCMOD = loadamberparams script3.ff
# load your own set of FF parameters
FRCMOD2 = loadamberparams parm-Sangita.cmd

- You do not need to convert a mol2 file into an off file; indeed both
file formats have the same role: to be a force field library file
format.
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-1.php#1
   & http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/leap-mol3.php

- If you want to look at ATP by itself, you can directly used the mol2
file and transform it into the prmtop/prmcrd files.
See the command:
########## Activate the 196 lines below: perl -p -i.old -e
's/\#\#\#\#\#\# //g' script1.ff
at the end of the script1.ff file

- If you want to study the interaction of ATP with a macromolecule;
LEaP does not recognize yet a force field library composed of several
residues; you need to transform the mol2 file into a single residue
with residue and atom names that match these in the PDB file
(macromolecule + ATP). Obviously, two atoms cannot share the same name
in a given residue...

regards, Francois