[AMBER] Defining sulfonyl halide atom type

From: Chris Bryant <csb61.case.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 12:03:08 -0500

Hey Amber,

I am working with a non-standard residue that has a positively charged
sulfonyl group:

 O=S+=O (sulfur double bonded to two oxygens and a Carbon)

I used REDS to derive charge values for the nonstandard residue, but I am
not sure how to define this sulfur atom type. I have looked through other
atom types predefined by both Amber and this
website<http://www.chem.cmu.edu/courses/09-560/docs/msi/ffbsim/B_AtomTypes.html#637103>
and
cannot seem to find anything to help me define this sulfur by analogy. I
would like to exhaust this method before trying to define my own atom
types, so if anyone has any advice on the matter I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Chris Bryant
--
Chris Bryant