Re: [AMBER] amber hangs on minimization

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 09:12:12 -0500

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012, Jorgen Simonsen wrote:

> sure - sorry for the lack of information. So I ran the minimization
> without periodic boundary condition and it work - so during the
> generation of prmtop/inpcrd without adding any water to the system
> also no boundary conditions were added - so my solution would be to
> copy the pbe from the first prmtop/inpcrd and use that - from the
> manual it looks like it is the last line in the inpcrd file so paste
> it into the new inpcrd file would that solve the problem?

Better to use the "set" command in leap to add the box, e.g. (roughly!)

  x = loadpdb <modified pdb file with a specific number of waters>
  set x box { 31.2 34.2 29.8 } <= numbers are the lengths of the sides
                                        of the box
  saveamberparm x prmtop.new incprd.new

See if that helps...note that both the prmtop file and the inpcrd file will
have information that relates to the box.

...dac