Re: [AMBER] Minimization problem for a homotrimer of small molecules

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:08:03 -0500

What happens when you remove the &ewald namelist completely and set igb=6
instead? If that fixes it, do you really the distance-dependent
dielectric? Can you use a Generalized Born implicit solvent method instead
(or just vacuum, if handled with care)? I don't think that option is
frequently tested since it's an unusual choice, especially when GB options
are available and do a much better job at calculating solvation effects.

HTH,
Jason

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 6:22 AM, Baptiste Legrand <bap.legrand.gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to minimize a homotrimer of small coupounds in vacuum with
> amber10 but it fails. the out file have only these lines:
> ------------------------------**-------------------------
> Amber 10 SANDER 2008
> ------------------------------**-------------------------
> and the processor continue to work at full charge (99%).
>
> I used antechamber to create a prepin file and then a frcmod for the
> monomer and I have any problem to launch a minimization step. So, starting
> from these files, I created new prmtop and inpcrd files for a trimer using
> xleap (I joined these files and the min.in script). On a display, the
> complex is fine nevertheless the minimization fails.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards,
> Baptiste

Quantum Theory Project,