Re: [AMBER] combination of CHAMBER prmtop and pmemd.cuda is causing serious instability

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:42:11 -0800

Hi Josh,

> I would just add that I'm also very interested in seeing this bug
> resolved soon as well, and it would be great to know approximate
> timescales of when we might expect a patch. I'm not sure if having two
> users vs one interested in this shifts any priorities around, but I
> figured it couldn't hurt to suggest Marc isn't the only one interested
> in running CHAMBER generated systems using pmemd.cuda.

The patch for this was made but looks like it needs more testing. I was
hoping to have that done by now but other things keep getting in the way.
The current plan is to focus on making sure it works for AMBER 12 and then
back porting a patch for AMBER 11.

In the meantime the issue should only be affecting NPT calculations. You
could run the CPU version of the code to equilibrate the density with NPT
and then switch to NVT to use the CUDA code.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/