[AMBER] problem extracting AmberTools-1.5.tar.bz2 file

From: Puspita Halder <puspitah.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:19:15 +0530

Hi all,

I downloaded the AmberTools-1.5.tar.bz2 from the link:
http://ambermd.org/AmberTools-get.html. But when I tried to extract the tar
file, after extraxting a major portion of it shows some kind of error
messages like the following:

bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly;
    perhaps it is corrupted? *Possible* reason follows.
bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device
    Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)

It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.
You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.

You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.

amber11/AmberTools/test/sqm/nma/nma.pm6.go.out.save
amber11/AmberTools/test/sqm/nma/nma.pm6.go.in
amber11/AmberTools/test/sqm/nma/nma.pm3.go.out.save
tar: Child returned status 2
  I tried re-downloading but the error message was same. Could someone tell
me what exactly the problem is.

We have amber9 installed in our lab machine but going through the amber
mailing list it seemed to me that I can also use Ambertools-1.5 with amber9
version.

Thanking you
Puspita Halder