Re: [AMBER] problem extracting AmberTools-1.5.tar.bz2 file

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 10:29:12 -0500

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011, Puspita Halder wrote:

> I downloaded the AmberTools-1.5.tar.bz2 from the link:
> http://ambermd.org/AmberTools-get.html. But when I tried to extract the tar
> file, after extraxting a major portion of it shows some kind of error
> messages like the following:
>
> bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly;
> perhaps it is corrupted? *Possible* reason follows.
> bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device
> Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)

I am not able to reproduce the problem. The AmberTools-1.5.tar.bz2 file
should be 121062582 bytes in length, with an md5sum of
4bd929969179e8639ff36537e4f83b26.

Googling on "inappropriate ioctl for device" might help...what exact command
did you use to "extract the tar file"? You might try to bunzip2 it directly.
You also might try to download on a different machine, especially if you
indeed have a corrupt file.

...good luck...dac