Re: [AMBER] vlimit exceeded issue

From: Xiaozhou Li <xli12.qub.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 16:43:14 +0000

Hi Farid and Aron,

Thanks a lot for your advice.

The method of raising temperature which Farid mentioned didn't make sense, with the same issue.

Following Aron's advice, I took the simulation in a vacuum (ntb=0) just now, yet the "vlimit exceeded" warning came out again.

What I've modified from my previous work (mentioned at the last of my first post) was to treat magnesium ion as a part of ATP, i.e. share the same residue name and residue number in PDB file. The "vlimit exceeded" warning has never appeared in the previous work as I utilized the "MG2" template which was a AMBER built-in residue.

I'm wondering is it an issue which has relationship to bond/angle/dihedral parameters which should be given (but not given in my case) in ".frcmod" file. Refer to the tutorial file (http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial1_adv/), it gave out those information and said "Creating a set of parameters is a bit of an art, since one is often faced with unknown parameters (such as force constants for copper to its ligands as in this example). So I provide you all of the parameters below".

Does anyone know that is it necessary (or even compulsory) to define those bond/angle/dihedral and nonbon parameters, to avoid warnings like "vlimit exceeded"?