Re: [AMBER] help with antechamber

From: jun kit <klorin2002.yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 15:47:26 +0000 (GMT)

After I analyze my structure with MOE, I found out that it is not necessary to add a hydrogen at the "phenol"group. The "phenol" group and "amine" group is meant to form a hydrogen bond. So a O at "phenol" group will be O- and a N in the "amine" group will be N+. But now it raises some question: 1. Since these both molecules is bonded by hydrogen bond (indeed I need this H-bond for study), do I need to derive their charges seperately or derive them as a whole? 2. If I load the structure into antechamber or gaussian, how does the program know whether or not my O is negative and my N is positive? The -nc flag in antechamber will assign it correctly by automatic? 3. When I load the structure in to LEAP, do I still need to use TER card between this "phenol" and "amine" or in between "phenol-amine"? I upload the residue for your reference P/S: Sry i am asking too much qyuestion because I am a physics student and quite unfamiliar with bonding stuff Thanks min ________________________________ From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> To: jun kit <klorin2002.yahoo.co.uk> Sent: Thursday, 24 November 2011, 19:37 Subject: Re: [AMBER] help with antechamber On Thu, Nov 24, 2011, jun kit wrote: > Without removing the hydrogen from amine, I got error message of odd > electrons from antechamber. Antechamber assumes that the net charge on the molecule is zero, unless you add the "-nc" flag; so far a +1 charge you need to add "-nc 1".  Similarly, your "phenol" group probably has a charge of -2. ....dac