Re: [AMBER] Issue with running sander with SHAKE

From: Breuer, Marian <marian.breuer.10.ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 22:49:36 +0000

Hi,

I just checked my topology in VMD and the two atoms in questions are indeed fine, i.e. the hydrogen 8266 is bonded to nitrogen 8265 and to nothing else. However, the decomposition is carried out assigning 8265, the nitrogen, to one processor and assigning 8266, the hydrogen, to the next one. As nitrogen 8265 is the first atom of its residue in the topology, this means that the nitrogen is the "orphan" that is allocated to a different processor than the rest of its residue. If the hydrogen itself was the problem, I'd expect the hydrogen to be misassigned to another processor (e.g. due to a false bond to a residue on that other processor). Is this reasoning correct? And is there any conceivable reason why the nitrogen would be cut out from its residue?

Thank you for your help,
Marian Breuer