Re: [AMBER] Problems with XLEAP

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 06:06:55 -0700

I have some success :)
I've loaded my structure to xleap by this

source leaprc.ff10
m = loadpdb 1mag.pdb
edit m

so now I wounder to know some detailes about this run

I have small protein wich consist of 2 identical allpha helices
1- First of all I just want to make some editions on this initial
structure. i dont want to create any amber topology. So I just want to
obtain a processed pdb file as output.
How I can add some ceping groups? What should I do to save only my
processed pdbs? ( in some tutorials I've found how to save topologies etc-
i dont want do it now )

E.g for this exersice I'd like to build CAP groups on N and C termii of
each chain of my protein.

2- What xleap force field should I use for such parametrisation? My protein
consist of some non-standart amino-acids ( D- isomers) like D-leucyn and
D-valine. What leap force field already has parametrisation for such
aminoacids?
Also I want to perform further simulation ig Gromacs for instance so I'm
looking for a force field wich could be best compatible with some gromacs
force fields like gromos etc

James