Re: [AMBER] Problems with AmberTools compilation under Debian

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 10:00:02 -0400

Hi,

http://ambermd.org/tutorials/

Particularly tutorial B1 should help you get started.

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 3:45 AM, James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com> wrote:
> Also It's not quite understand for me how properly run different amber
> tools programs.
>
> E..g from subdirectory  /own/Documents/amber11/AmberTools/bin
> I can run all programs but from another directory that programs are not
> aviable ( I've add the Bin to the path but it didnt work )

For AmberTools to work properly you need to both set the environment
variable AMBERHOME and add $AMBERHOME/bin to your path. For bash this
is:

export AMBERHOME=/own/Documents/amber11
export PATH=$AMBERHOME/bin:$PATH

For tcsh/csh this is:

setenv AMBERHOME /own/Documents/amber11
setenv PATH $AMBERHOME/bin:$PATH

> Finally as I understood LEAP have GUI. How I can run this one ?

Use xleap. To view the molecule once you've created/loaded it, use the
'edit' command, e.g.:

source leaprc.ff10
m = loadpdb mypdb.pdb
edit m

See the AmberTools manual for more details. One note: due to a small
bug in xleap make sure NUMLOCK is off in order to properly access the
menus. Good luck!

-Dan