Re: [AMBER] non standart residue library creation with tleap (Zn atom)

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:33:55 +0200

Dear Andrew,

Concerning new FF parameters you can find many information in
literature concerning the procedure itself but also already existing
parameters.

See ZAFF (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20856692); the program
developed by Guvench & MacKerell published in J. Mol. Model. 2008. You
might look at the approach based on 2nd derivative obtained by QM etc...

In general the bond & angle FF constants can be obtained from analogs;
using a new equilibrium value. For metal complexes dihedral are often
set to zero; see for instance the example in the AMBER contrib; the
heme example from D.A. Giammona, Ph.D. thesis ---dac 12/90. Defining
atom types around the metal complex can be tricky when once first
starts. Thus, two atoms which are equivalent but have different
equilibrium values should have a different atom types. Once again see
the Amber contrib...

regards, Francois