Re: [AMBER] AmberTools-1.5 installation

From: Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:51:26 +0200

Alaa,

Regarding the programs you mentioned, you are supposed to run the
executables "tleap" and "xleap", not "teleap" and "xaleap".

For running these executables, you need to know their path. "No such
file or directory" means that you've tried to execute a file that does
not exist.

Do you you set the AMBERHOME environment variable? Did you compile
AmberTools yourself? Is $AMBERHOME/bin in your PATH?

If you are not sure about these questions, maybe reading a basic
introduction to the command line and especially bash would be a good
idea. After a quick search, I've found these:

http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/shell.html
http://www.howtogeek.com/67469/the-beginners-guide-to-shell-scripting-the-basics/
http://vic.gedris.org/Manual-ShellIntro/1.2/ShellIntro.pdf

Maybe a real Linux environment would make more sense in your case
instead of running cygwin on Windows. If you like to keep Windows as
your host operating system, you could think about running a real Linux
distribution in a virtual machine (using for example VMware Player or
VirtualBox).

Best regards,

Jan-Philip