Re: [AMBER] sander pbsa and imin = 5 problem

From: Ray Luo, Ph.D. <ray.luo.uci.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 20:54:29 -0700

Dear Niel,

This is because the PB solvent is a numerical/iterative procedure, and
its energy does dependent on how the initial condition is set up. Note
that your EPB number is precise to the fourth digit, which has
exceeded the preset convergent criterion (accept = 0.001 by default
meaning at least three digits precise). If you want to make EPB more
precise, i.e. less dependent on the initial condition, you can set
accept to a smaller value, i.e. 10^-4 or lower. I.e. a tighter
convergent criterion gives you more significant digits. Of course, it
will be slower to compute each frame.

All the best,
Ray