Re: [AMBER] New to AMBER, installation issues

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 10:17:17 -0400

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011, peker milas wrote:

> Ok, this may not be the best solution, actually it is a dirty one. when i
> was trying to install Amber10 on our Ubuntu machine, a very similar problem
> happened. Although all relevant files were installed in the OS, Amber
> couldn't find this library. anyway, nothing really worked and i decided to
> create a soft link with name X11R6. basically this is the name of the
> pre-historic folder that in old systems one finds x11 related files in it.
> you can again use a command as following;
>
> sudo ln -s /usr /usr/X11R6
>
> as i said it may not be the best solution, but it worked for my case..

I think this is probably a pretty good solution for the recent Ubuntus. The
next release of Amber will do a better job of trying to find the needed
libraries.

Note that you can also give the '-noX11' flag to configure. This will skip
building xleap, which you might not need (at least for most things--I very
rarely run xleap myself, for example.)

...good luck...dac