Re: [AMBER] New to AMBER, installation issues

From: peker milas <pekermilas.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 02:36:55 -0400

Ok, this may not be the best solution, actually it is a dirty one. when i
was trying to install Amber10 on our Ubuntu machine, a very similar problem
happened. Although all relevant files were installed in the OS, Amber
couldn't find this library. anyway, nothing really worked and i decided to
create a soft link with name X11R6. basically this is the name of the
pre-historic folder that in old systems one finds x11 related files in it.
you can again use a command as following;

sudo ln -s /usr /usr/X11R6

as i said it may not be the best solution, but it worked for my case..

best
peker

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Matthew D Antalek <mantale1.binghamton.edu