Re: [AMBER] New to AMBER, installation issues

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 17:16:04 -0400

Hi Matt,

Check out the website http://ambermd.org/ubuntu.html. Ubuntu is a pretty
stripped-down Linux distribution (so they can fit everything on to a CD), so
you have to install several packages from apt-get in order to build Amber.

Take a look at the suggested packages for Ubuntu and make sure you install
those first (then re-try the whole thing, but make sure you run "make clean"
in $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src before trying to recompile).

HTH,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida