Re: [AMBER] New to AMBER, installation issues

From: Matthew D Antalek <mantale1.binghamton.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 17:07:56 -0400

Hi everyone,

    Ok, well I've been able to sort of install the AmberTools package, but
there seems to be some issues. First when I'm in the AmberTools/src
directory and type in the

./configure gnu

command, I immediately get a message that says

"Could not find Xll libraries; you may need to edit config.h to set the
XHOME and XLIBS variables.
Warning: the Xll libraries are not in the usal location!
    To search for them try the command: locate libXt"

it also suggests to install the xorg-dev package which I did. The program
keeps running, and later on I get another message which says:

"Checking for libbz2: testp.c:2:19: fatal error: bzlib.h: No such file or
directory
compilation terminated"

The program then moves on and keeps on configuring fftw, python and MTK++,
and I get messages saying that the configures succeeded.
At the very end I then get a message saying the next step is "make install"

I then type "make install" into the terminal and at the end I get a series
of error messages:

make[3]: *** [ncgen] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
'/home/matt/Amber/amber11/AmberTools/src/netcdf/src/ncgen'

make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
'home/matt/Amber/amber11/AmberTools/src/netcdf/src'

make[1]: leaving directory '/home/matt/Amber/amber11/AmberTools/src/ptraj'

make: *** [serial] Error 2

Are these messages the coming up because during configuration the Xll
libraries are not found? Once I was back in the terminal I typed in the
command

locate libXt

and got the output

/usr/lib/libXtst.so.6
/usr/lib/libXtst.so.6.1.0
/usr/lib/i-386-linux-gnu/libXt.so.6
/usr/lib/i-386-linux-gnu/libXt.so.6.0.0

I'm guessing that these directories are where the Xll libraries are, but
what exactly do I do with this info? What should I do to the configure.h
file?

Last, I ran the "make test" program and got an output of

make[1]: Target 'test.serial' not remade because of errors.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/matt/Amber/amber11/AmberTools/test'
195 file comparisons passed
3 file comparisons failed
157 tests experienced errors
Test log file saved as .....
Test diffs file saved as .....

Are there issues because the system can't find the Xll libraries?

Sorry I know this is a lot,
Matt