Re: [AMBER] proteins with Ff10 + igb=7

From: Abhishek Singh <asingh7.ncsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 13:32:14 -0400

Dear Carlos

Shown below are results from minimization out put. However, things run fine
with igb5

I have tried *igb8 *

Implicit solvent radii are modified Bondi radii
(mbondi)
 Replacing prmtop screening parameters with GBn2 (igb=8) values
  and got this error
Atom 114 has radius 0.800000000000000 outside of allowed
range
 of 1.0 to 2.0 angstroms for igb=7. Regenerate prmtop file with bondi radii.

and using *igb=7*

 Implicit solvent radii are modified Bondi radii
(mbondi)
 Replacing prmtop screening parameters with GBn (igb=7) values
and got this error
Atom 114 has radius 0.800000000000000 outside of allowed
range
 of 1.0 to 2.0 angstroms for igb=7. Regenerate prmtop file with bondi radii.

Sincerely
Abhishek

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Carlos Simmerling <
carlos.simmerling.gmail.com> wrote:

> a couple things:
>
> - which radii set did you define when you built the prmtop? that's
> important.
> - I strongly suggest igb=8, it's igb=7 with optimized parameters. The paper
> is in revision so not out yet, but we and others have found this model to
> be
> better.
>
> Jason- is there any web resource that describes your prmtop modifier
> program
> to use for this?
> carlos
>

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Abhishek Singh <asingh7.ncsu.edu> wrote:
>
> > Dear All
> >
> > I am trying to simulate a protein using ff10 and igb7 model . In the
> > topology file it shows lower than acceptable born radii (0.8A) for
> tyrosine
> > hydrogen atoms that are attached to hydroxyl oxygen. Any views on that ?
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Abhishek

Sincerely,
Abhishek Singh