Re: [AMBER] Failure to compile AmberTools 1.5 on linux

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 17:34:02 +0200

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 2:25 PM, David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011, Francesco Pietra wrote:
>>
>> I am at Amber 10 and AmberTools 1.5, the latter patched bugfixes 1-18.
>> Debian-Linux amd64.
>> gcc/gfortran v. 4.6.1.4
>>
>> On trying a serial compilation, while there was no warning in
>> "./configure gnu" I am  getting  from
>> "make install" an error that appears on recent mail, hower I have not
>> seen the solver.
>>
>>    external idec,random
>>                        1
>> Error: Return type mismatch of function 'random' at (1) (REAL(8)/REAL(4))
>> _amg1r5.f:3029.45:
>>
>>             ja(jlo),a(jlo),f(ilo),u(ilo),nsp,a(jhi+1),a(jhi+1), &
>
> This looks like the problem that was fixed with bugfix.8.  Can you
> double-check (e.g. by hand) that your amg1r5.f file has the corrections that
> would be included with that bugfix?  If you can't find the problem, can you
> post your amg1r5.f file?
>
> ....dac

Thanks. amd1r5.f was not corrected. I must have done a mistake in
patching. Repeated, the bug was corrected and neither the installation
nor the test reported any problem, except that tests requiring amber11
installed were skipped.

487 file comparisons passed.
11 file comparisons failed.
0 tests experienced errors.

 I apologize for posting what must have been wrong doing.

francesco