Re: [AMBER] Amber 10/ambertool Installation error

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 10:22:43 -0400

One thing to try is to just remove that library from the linking line
altogether (just remove it where you find it in the config.h file). If it
contains critical functions, it will complain about missing function names
when it tries to link the object files. Only then do you really have to do
more investigative work.

On the more informative side, libraries linked via "-lname" have the name
libname.a. Thus, if it's complaining about not finding -lc, that means it's
missing libc.a. To get the linker to find it, you need to *either* add a
-L/path/to/libs/ before the -l### flag *or* add that path to your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH (assuming, of course, you're using the standard linker).

HTH,
Jason

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Kshatresh Dutta Dubey
<kshatresh.gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear User,
>
> I am using amber 10 on centos 6. When I am installing ambertool it is
> giving
> error like during initial stage of installation.
> ' /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I found same error for Amber 11 as well. Whatever I know this occurs due to
> missing of some library files, but, unfortunately, I am missing the name of
> particular library file.
>
> Please suggest me any idea to recover this error.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Regard

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida