Re: [AMBER] PNEB on GPUs

From: William Cantara <wcantara.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 09:03:45 -0400

Wow! I am amazed to see all of the great feedback just overnight. Christina
is absolutely correct about what I was referring to when I used PNEB. I am
not sure if I made up that extended acronym or if I had seen it somewhere.
Nonetheless, this was very helpful.

I will look into applying for free time through the NSF XSEDE. In the
meantime, however, I would be interested in any suggestions for alternative
approaches to simulating optimum energy paths between different
conformational states of an RNA. Much of what I know and am learning is
self-taught and I am currently the only person in my group that does
computational work, so I would be open to any and all suggestions. To expand
upon my problem, due to the highly polar nature of RNA, it is imperative
that any approach that I use has the ability to efficiently make use of
explicit solvent and positive ions (Na+ is best).

Dr Walker, thank you for your suggestion of using accelerated MD. I will
take the time to learn more about this method and most likely use this
mailing list as a lifeline if I have additional questions.

Thanks again!

Adieu,

Will