Re: [AMBER] PNEB on GPUs

From: Christina Bergonzo <cbergonzo.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:25:59 -0400

Hi,

To clarify what Jason said, it is an implementation of NEB where the force
is decoupled between a user-denoted subsection (Part) of a system.
Although the entire system is replicated for each bead along the path, the
NEB springs are only applied to this subsection of the system.
This means you can use explicit solvent and only apply NEB to the atoms of
your solute if you so choose, or if you have a good idea of a specific
transition that is interesting, you can of course apply NEB to only this
part of the system. However, the part of the system that does NOT have NEB
springs applied does respond to the force field and is simulated, and we
assume that the sampling of this part of the system is influenced by the NEB
part.

-Christina

Christina Bergonzo
Doctoral Student, Simmerling Lab