Re: [AMBER] Chirality restraints

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:35:59 -0400

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011, Rajeswari A. wrote:

> I created Chirality restraints file using makeCHIR_RST code in Amber. In
> amber manual there is a line "Note that you may have to edit the output of
> this program to change trans peptide constraints to cis, as appropriate."
> Is this note is for proline?

Yes: if you know you have a cis-proline, you certainly don't want to have a
trans restraint. If you don't know whether your proline is cis or trans, you
probably don't want to have any restraint. In either case, you need to
hand-edit the output of makeCHIR_RST to do what you want (e.g. delete some of
the restraints.)

...dac