Re: [AMBER] thermodynamic integration on protein mutation

From: Jorge Iulek <jiulek.ig.com.br>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 13:09:59 -0300

     Thanks, Dr. Case, for the comments. Just to make myself sure, it is
sensible to use TI to study binding affinity differences between a
native and a mutated enzyme to one single ligand *AND* it is sensible to
use a thermodynamic cycle like the one in tutorial A9 with recpetor and
ligand roles swapped (so alchemical mutation of, say, the native to the
mutated one - more specifically, the atoms of the mutated residue that
are either different or have different charges).

     Concerning "often done", I must be missing something here because I
made a number of Google searches but did not find properly. Probably I
was not clever enough, so should someone have a specific reference to
point, I would be thankful.

Jorge