[AMBER] Solvent model charges off by factor of 18.2223 or typo?

From: Daniel Sindhikara <sindhikara.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 15:57:08 +0900

Hello, I was just testing some rism.snglpnt calculations and was verifying
the solvent parameters.
I checked the parameters in the $AMBERHOME/dat/rism1d/SPC.mdl for example
and noticed this:

%FLAG CHG
%FORMAT(5e16.8)
 -1.54452215e+01 7.72261074e+00

According to the AMBERTOOLS manual the charge should be in units of (e)
"
%FLAG CHG %FORMAT(5e16.8)
REAL*8(NSITE) Partial charge for each solvent site (e).
"

I assume this is simply off by the factor of 18.2223 that prmtops are
written in. So can I safely assume that the manual is just wrong on this and
not the parameter files?

-Dan

--
Dr. Daniel J. Sindhikara