Re: [AMBER] Amber parmbsc0 vs ff99

From: Hugh Heldenbrand <helde010.umn.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:02:40 -0500

For nucleic acids:

ff10 = ff99 + bsc0 + reparameterized glycosidic torsions

The paper describing the glycosidic torsion reparametrization is here:

Performance of Molecular Mechanics Force Fields for RNA Simulations:
Stability of UUCG and GNRA Hairpins
Banas et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010 v6 pp 3836–3849

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct100481h

Unless you have a specific reason not to, you would want to use ff10
rather than ff99bsc0 to simulate a nucleic acid.

To answer the OP's other question, ff10 and ff99bsc0 are compatible with
AMBER9, no need to upgrade.

-Hugh Heldenbrand
Graduate Student, University of Minnesota