Re: [AMBER] Amber parmbsc0 vs ff99

From: Brian Radak <radak004.umn.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 09:50:40 -0400

If I'm not mistaken (and someone please correct me if I am wrong), for
nucleic acids ff10 is exactly equivalent to ff99 + the bsc0 parameters. Of
course, ff10 also includes the non-trivial shift to new solvent models
(TIP4P-Ew and the Joung/Cheatham alkali and halide ions).

In short, I believe the conventional wisdom now is to always use ff10
whenever possible. I don't know of any reasons why you wouldn't be able to
do this with any recent release of AMBER (9, 10, 11, etc)

Brian

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 9:41 AM, souvik sur <souviksur.hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Can the ff99 force field is comparable with parm bsc0 ?
>
> Is it possible to run
> parm bsc0 in amber9 ? or higher version of amber is required for that?
>

> regards,
> Souvik Sur
> Ph. D. Student
> Department Of Chemistry
> University Of Delhi
> India

================================ Current Address =======================
 Brian Radak                                             :     BioMaPS
Institute for Quantitative Biology
 PhD candidate - York Research Group       :     Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey
 University of Minnesota - Twin Cities         :     Wright-Rieman Hall 101
 Graduate Program in Chemical Physics     :     610 Taylor Road,
 Department of Chemistry                          :     Piscataway, NJ
08854-8066
 radak004.umn.edu                                 :
radakb.biomaps.rutgers.edu