Re: [AMBER] ICST

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 09:13:56 -0400

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011, truongco nguyen wrote:

> I am trying reinstall Amber11 with AmberTool 1.5.

This is not a very helpful summary, since we don't know what the "old"
installation consisted of, and what the "new" one has.

> Everything seem good until one of user use the nmode to calculate entropy.

Three notes: (a) nmode is not a part of AmberTools, so would not be affected
by any upgrade to that part of the code; (b) nmode hasn't changed in
twenty-odd years; (c) running nmode on a protein with 270 residues is indeed
something that could bring nmode to its knees, and I somewhat surprised that
it ever worked.

I don't think we can help without knowing *lots* of details. If you really
want normal modes of large proteins, I would direct you to the nmode()
facility in NAB (or the the python version of MM-PBSA).

...dac