Re: [AMBER] Problem with pme cuda :launching kernel kPMEGetGridWeights

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 08:05:02 -0700

Hi Himanshu,

> |------------------- GPU DEVICE INFO --------------------
> |
> | CUDA Capable Devices Detected: 1
> | CUDA Device ID in use: 0
> | CUDA Device Name: Tesla C2070
> | CUDA Device Global Mem Size: 5375 MB
> | CUDA Device Num Multiprocessors: 14
> | CUDA Device Core Freq: 1.15 GHz
> Other details are there in previous mail.

Independent of your kernel weights crash issue you should consider turning
off ECC on this card since you will get:

1) More memory available on the card for running calculations.

2) Better >10% performance improvement.

3) I have never seen, nor seen someone actually present me with evidence,
that using ECC in any way makes these machines more stable or the
calculations 'more correct'(tm). Until I see such clear evidence in the
context of AMBER simulations I consider ECC to be mostly a religious choice.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/