Re: [AMBER] MMGBSA binding free energy shows large change with saltcon parameter, but not for MMPBSA binding free energy value

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 23:12:07 -0400

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Rajesh Raju <rajesh.raju.mail.chem.tamu.edu
> wrote:

> Hi Jasaon,
>
> Thanks for ur kind reply...I could not find an option in AMBERTOOL
> manual for setting up 'non-linear' equation..How to do non-linear PB
> calculation...? Wat I have that when I included the saltcon=0.1, the
> MMGBSA value becomes close to MMPBSA..

You actually need to look at the PBSA section of the manual. I think nbpopt
is the variable controlling which type of PB solution you get (npbopt=2, I
think). Then what you have to do is use the -make-mdins flag to create a
bunch of mdin files. Find the _MMPBSA_pb.mdin file, modify npbopt to be 2,
then re-run MMPBSA.py with the -use-mdins flag. That will force non-linear
PB. I'll let others comment on caveats here if there are any (I haven't
done this myself).

HTH,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,