Re: [AMBER] Global Minimum in Simulated Annealing using SANDER

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 10:18:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> As I see it, the output I get is always the last snapshot which is not
> necessarily the one with the lowest energy.
> Is this true? And how can I change this, how do I get the lowest energy
> snapshot of my simulation?

Amber will write a restart at the end of the simulation only. If you want
intermediate snapshots, you would normally set

> The protocol is the following:
>
> Simulated Annealing Protocol
> &cntrl
> imin=0,nmropt=1,dielc=80.,
> ntpr=50,ntwr=500,ntwx=0,
                     ^^^^

ntwx to some value, e.g. 50 to get energies and trajectory frames every 50
steps as the mdcrd file. If you want a restart file for each snapshot
instead, check the manual entry for ntwr (the <0 option).

Kind Regards,

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
formerly at the
BioMaps Institute