[AMBER] Global Minimum in Simulated Annealing using SANDER

From: Julian Zachmann <FrankJulian.Zachmann.uab.cat>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 16:12:00 +0200

Dear Amber Community,

I'm successfully running a simulated annealing protocol using sander for a
small ligand.
In order to find the global minimum I have to heat and cool the system
several times.
As I see it, the output I get is always the last snapshot which is not
necessarily the one with the lowest energy.
Is this true? And how can I change this, how do I get the lowest energy
snapshot of my simulation?

Thank you very much for your answers.

Kind Regards, Julian

The protocol is the following:

 Simulated Annealing Protocol
 &cntrl
  imin=0,nmropt=1,dielc=80.,
  ntpr=50,ntwr=500,ntwx=0,
  ntb=0,cut=20,vlimit=10,
  ntt=3,gamma_ln=1000,nstlim=500000,dt=0.001,
  pencut=-0.001,offset=0.09,
 /
 &wt type='TEMP0', istep1=0,istep2=70000,
  value1=0., value2=5000., /
( ... )
&wt type='END' /