Re: [AMBER] how to fill in missing parameters in tleap?

From: Astrid Maaß <astrid.maass.scai.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 11:07:37 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Yun Shi,

I used amb2gmx.pl some time ago and if I remember correctly, for torsions, amb2gmx.pl converts the Amber-cosine series in a Ryckaert-Bellemans-potential. This was OK in most of the cases, but when amb2gmx.pl encounters a negative force constant it may not translate the potential correctly. I do not know, whether this behavior has been fixed in the meantime, but you could bypass it by using a phase shift of 180 instead of a negative sign in the force constant for the respective term. You might use rdparm to check whether this difficulty would apply to your system anyways.

Hope that helps
 Astrid