Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py parallel

From: Jesper Sørensen <lists.jsx.dk>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 19:38:56 -0700

I did add the 0th trajectory file and yes that is where the "+1 extra comes from", but I am still getting 1 extra frame per file/CPU-core, so in total 24 extra frames in the ptraj combined mdcrd file.

I am preparing files for double-ala mutations, based on the single-ala mutations I have already performed.

Best,
Jesper

Den 29/08/2011 kl. 19.32 skrev Jason Swails:

> 2011/8/29 Jesper Sørensen <lists.jsx.dk>
>
>> Great. I gave it a go and the MMPBSA calculation is performed over 480
>> frames.
>> When I run it through ptraj - i get out 505 frames.
>> This seems to be the 480 frames + 1 extra frame per CPU core (24) + 1
>> extra.
>>
>> Is there some overlap between the files, or do I need to specify the input
>> to ptraj in a particular way.
>>

> There should be no overlap between the files, and you should be able to add
> up each file in numerical order to build the original trajectory. I'm
> confused about what exactly you're doing here... Did you remember to trajin
> the 0th trajectory? Based on the sizes you gave above, I would expect the
> 0th trajectory to have 1 more frame than each other (since the total number
> of frames mod the number of processors was 1), so it seems that you didn't
> run the 0th frame through MMPBSA, which will account for what you are
> seeing...
>
> HTH,
> Jason
>

>> Thanks,
>> Jesper
>>

>> Den 29/08/2011 kl. 16.22 skrev Bill Miller III:
>>
>>> Yes, that should be correct.
>>>
>>> -Bill

>> CPU-core,

>> files