Re: [AMBER] how to fill in missing parameters in tleap?

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 09:12:28 -0400

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011, Jason Swails wrote:

> Use parmchk. If you run the program with no arguments, it tells you how to
> use it. By default, it will search gaff.dat and pull out reasonable
> parameters, dumping them to an frcmod file. If there's anything it simply
> *can't* find, it will put a placeholder (all parameters are 0) and say
> "ATTN, need revision". You have to fix those parameters.

Parmchk does a bit more than just look in gaff.dat: it estimates missing
parameters by several algorithms. In its default mode, parameters in gaff.dat
are not put into the frcmod file; parameters it estimates on its own are
output; finally, things it can't figure out get placeholders.

> However, I would warn you that gaff dihedrals should not necessarily be
> accepted. Run short simulations to make sure they make sense, as you may
> have to modify some of them by hand.

This is excellent advice.

...dac