Re: [AMBER] Amber 11 bugfix/Cuda update

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 10:28:26 -0700

Hi Filip,

This is confusing. The section of the bash script this is referring to is
really simple:

tar -xjf $1 amber11/amber_bugfix_1_to_16.txt

if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
   echo "Error extracting amber_bugfix_1_to_16.txt from archive!"
   echo "Corrupt archive. Download patch bugfix.1to17.tar.bz2 again and
re-apply"
   exit 1
fi

Where $1 is whatever you gave as the first command line argument to the
apply_patch.x script.

So, assuming you saved the bugfix file in the current working directory
then:

apply_bugfix.x bugfix.1to17.tar.bz2

should work fine. Check that the path you are giving to the bugfix tar file
is correct. Check with 'ls -la' to make sure it is in the directory you are
running the apply_bugfix.x file from and that it does not have zero bytes
size. The file is large so could take a while to download. Some browsers etc
create temporary files until the download is complete or insist on putting
everything in a central 'Downloads' directory so this could be your problem.

All the best
Ross