Re: [AMBER] pm6 parameters

From: Andreas Goetz <agoetz.sdsc.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 10:46:57 -0700

Dear Angela,

Cl- requires d orbitals which are not supported in AmberTools 1.5. See section 5.1 of the AmberTools 1.5 manual for a list of supported elements for the different semiempirical models. We are working on the d orbital code. This is a non-trivial task since it requires all the integral code to calculate overlap and semiempirical two-electron integrals with d orbitals. We are hoping to make this available in the next release of AmberTools.

All the best,
Andy

On Aug 17, 2011, at 9:44 PM, Anglea A. wrote:

> Dear all
> I posted an email few days ago about pm6 parameters in amber tools 1.5, I haven't got any reply and I couldn't find any related information on amber list archive.
> please, I would be grateful for any kind of help.
> ---------
> I am using amber tools version 1.5 to optimize my systems at amber level and pm6 level.
> For pm6 level, the sqm program complains that there is no parameters for cl- ion.
> Why there is no cl- ion parameters? in spite of, the original paper has all atoms' parameters.
> If so, how can I implement the missing parameters.
> --------
> Cheers

Dr. Andreas W. Goetz
San Diego Supercomputer Center