Re: [AMBER] Iron in CHAMBER: chemicalSymbolToZ() cannot map symbol: FE, to a Z value

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 10:49:53 -0400

If you want to emulate leap's behavior, if an atom passes through all of the
logical filters for different elements (of varying connectivities), it's
simply assigned a radius of 1.5 (which may be to prevent crashes or corrupt
sections of the topology... I'm not sure).

All the best,
Jason

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Mark Williamson <mjw.mjw.name> wrote:

> Patrick von Glehn wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> Hi Patrick,
>
> > I don't know the purpose of mapping chemical symbols to Z values.
>
> It is used in the gb_radii assignment routines; you will probably not be
> making use of that.
>
> > Is
> > an acceptable solution to simply add an entry for FE in the source
> > code and then recompile AmberTools?
>
> Yes, that is fine. Ultimately, that routine should have support for
> every element in the periodic table, but seeing that there were only a
> finite number of GB radii parameters, I did not populate that function
> completely.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark

Quantum Theory Project,