Re: [AMBER] Iron in CHAMBER: chemicalSymbolToZ() cannot map symbol: FE, to a Z value

From: Mark Williamson <mjw.mjw.name>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 18:44:15 +0100

Patrick von Glehn wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Patrick,

> I don't know the purpose of mapping chemical symbols to Z values.

It is used in the gb_radii assignment routines; you will probably not be
making use of that.

> Is
> an acceptable solution to simply add an entry for FE in the source
> code and then recompile AmberTools?

Yes, that is fine. Ultimately, that routine should have support for
every element in the periodic table, but seeing that there were only a
finite number of GB radii parameters, I did not populate that function
completely.

Regards,

Mark