Re: [AMBER] Iron in CHAMBER: chemicalSymbolToZ() cannot map symbol: FE, to a Z value

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 09:44:47 -0700

Hi Patrick,

As far as I am aware the Z value is only needed for the assignment of GB
Radii since the Charmm psf file does not provide these. I don't think there
are GB radii in the code for Iron so as long as you are only planning on
running explicit solvent PME simulations with the resulting prmtop you
should be safe doing what you propose.

All the best
Ross