Re: [AMBER] DNA-22mer

From: Bruno Rodrigues <bbrodrigues.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 20:00:14 -0300

You always have to neutralize your system.
Also pay attention on the protocol to minimize the DNA, otherwise the double
strands will repel each other and break the hydrogen bonds.

I suggest you to follow the protocol of this paper below, or adapt it for
your implicit solvent system: J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1997, 119, 7463-7469

I hope I was helpful

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 7:27 PM, manikanthan bhavaraju <
manikanthanbhavaraju.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dac I am using ff99SB forcefield.
>
> But I have a question regarding the DNA and DNA + ligand implicit
> solvations
> simulations.
>
> When we are preparing prmtop and inpcrd files in both cases, Do we have to
> add counterions ? In my case the DNA has -22 charge and ligand +1. Can
> counterions stablize the simulations?
>
> I am not sure whether I have to add counterions or not. Please suggest me.
>
> Thanks,
> mani

Bruno Barbosa Rodrigues
PhD Student - Physics Department
Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais - UFMG
Belo Horizonte - Brazil